Jack-in-the-Box is a superhero living in Astro City created by Kurt Busiek, Brent Anderson, and Alex Ross. He first appeared in Image Comics' Homage Studios publication Astro City #3 in 1995. There have been three different versions of the character, each taking over directly after the other. The original Jack-in-the-Box was Jack Johnson, a father who sought to right a wrong in his neighborhood. Zachary Johnson is the son of the original and the longest running of the three. Roscoe James was a fan of Zachary Johnson and was asked to take over so Zachary could start a family.
- Main article: Jack-in-the-Box (Jack Johnson)
- Main article: Jack-in-the-Box (Zachary Johnson)
- Main article: Jack-in-the-Box (Roscoe James)
- Jack-in-the-Box (Jack Johnson) at Comic Book Database
- Jack-in-the-Box (Zachary Johnson) at Comic Book Database
- Jack-in-the-Box (Roscoe James) at Comic Book Database